Chef de Parti (FT/PT) - BUNK Utrecht
Netherlands, Utrecht, UtrechtKITCHEN
BUNK aims to reinvent hospitality and amaze our guests with art, genuine friendliness and delicious food. And that hasn’t gone unnoticed: BUNK is now an award-winning hospitality concept. For example, just after we opened in 2019, we received the award for ‘Best Hospitality Concept’ from Entree Magazine. What makes us unique is that at BUNK Utrecht we really focus on our neighbourhood. But above all, we’re not just a basic hotel with a restaurant. We’re a community centre 2.0. Our restaurant is a meeting place for Utrechters and the world travellers that stay in our beds. In our open kitchen, you have every chance to meet these interesting guests while enjoying all of our cultural events.
Right in the heart of Utrecht’s city-centre, you’ll find BUNK’s cozy restaurant in the monumental Westerkerk, with home-brewed beer on tap, a varied menu of affordable dishes and long tables perfect for everything from dinners and drinks, to meetings and quick chats. An extensive cultural programme is a huge part of our success, too. Within our programming, something fun is going down at BUNK at least 4 times a week.
At BUNK, we want the restaurant to be full every day of the week.
At BUNK, we do food the way we’d like to have it ourselves. Our menu is full of recognisable dishes from all over the world. Surprising variations, served in a bowl. We choose to work with local, organic and affordable ingredients including sustainable meats and seafood, and we do what we can to prevent food waste. Most menu items can be ordered all-veggie, too. That’s we do good when doing food. Are you a cook with a passion for sustainable, local products? And do you love a little bit of hard work?
You see rush hour as an opportunity to shine in our open kitchen. And under your proud leadership, the buzz about the restaurant will spread, and these rush hours will pop up even more often.
- A job with nice colleagues within a tightly-knit team.
- 2400 gross per month depending on your experience.
- Great tips.
- Flexibility: possibility of day shifts and/or a 4-day work week.
- A schedule you can count on.
- Working in a lovely environment.
- Room for growth and development.
- Discount on a Onefit sports membership.
- Discount on food, drinks and stays at BUNK.
- Free entrance to BUNK’s cultural events.
- Monthly MaMiBo (Monday afternoon drink).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- Work experience in a comparable organisation, hotel and/or restaurant.
- Familiarity with allergen information and HACCP.
- Proficiency in English.