Sous Chef | Bunk Utrecht
Netherlands, Utrecht, UtrechtKITCHEN
BUNK aims to reinvent hospitality and amaze our guests with art, genuine friendliness and delicious food. And that hasn’t gone unnoticed: BUNK is now an award-winning hospitality concept. For example, just after we opened in 2019, we received the award for ‘Best Hospitality Concept’ from Entree Magazine. What makes us unique is that at BUNK Utrecht we really focus on our neighbourhood. But above all, we’re not just a basic hotel with a restaurant. We’re a community centre 2.0. Our restaurant is a meeting place for Utrechters and the world travellers that stay in our beds. In our open kitchen, you have every chance to meet these interesting guests while enjoying all of our cultural events.
WHAT THE BUNK?
Right in the heart of Utrecht’s city-centre, you’ll find BUNK’s cozy restaurant in the monumental Westerkerk, with home-brewed beer on tap, a varied menu of affordable dishes and long tables perfect for everything from dinners and drinks, to meetings and quick chats. An extensive cultural programme is a huge part of our success, too. Within our programming, something fun is going down at BUNK at least 4 times a week.
At BUNK we hope to see our restaurant full every day of the week at every moment of the day. When you look at the menu you can see that we fly over the world for inspiration. When we find a nice, authentic and above all tasty dish, we take them back to BUNK and add our own twist. Even though we like our fish and meat, we always make sure there is a vegetarian version as well. We try and work with organic, local and sustainable produce as much as possible. That way our food doesn’t just taste good, but it also feels good to eat it. Does all this sound like music to your ears? Are you willing to go the extra mile, and do you see rush hour as your time to shine?
As the chef's right-hand man, you run the kitchen when he is not there. Actually, you steal the show even when he is there, because you make the daily decisions on the work floor. Furthermore, you assist the chef in managing the kitchen team, changing the menu, keeping track of the stock, and so on.
- Nice colleagues in a close team.
- Good salary above the collective labor agreement and tips.
- Flexible schedule.
- Daily meals and an infinite amount of coffee and tea.
- Room to grow and develop.
- Discount on a Onefit sports membership.
- Discount on food and drinks at BUNK.
- Free access to all the cultural events hosted by BUNK.
- Monthly mamibo (Monday afternoon drinks).
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- You are in possession of the Social Hygiene Certificate.
- You are familiar with allergen information and HACCP.
- You are flexible; you work both morning and evening shifts.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You like to work in an open kitchen and you enjoy contact with guests.
- A lot of love for all cultures.