Service employee FT/PT | BUNK Utrecht (3)
Netherlands, Utrecht, UtrechtRESTAURANT
At BUNK we want to reinvent hospitality and amaze our guests with art, sincere kindness and honest and delicious food. That has not gone unnoticed, by now BUNK is a prize-winning hospitality and restaurant concept. Shortly after we opened, we received the award for ‘Best Hospitality Concept’ from the Entrée magazine. What makes us unique, is our focus on the neighborhood. We like to think of ourselves as a community center 2.0 where the locals from Utrecht can meet in the restaurant but also where we have different kinds of hotel rooms for the world travelers.
What the BUNK?
Slap bang in the center of Utrecht we opened our restaurant in the historical ‘Westerkerk’, where we have home brewed beers on the tap, affordable meals on our varying menu, and long tables for dinner, drinks, meetings or just to catch up. A diverse cultural program is an important part of our success. At least 4 times a week we have a special program at BUNK.
We admit that it doesn’t sound spectacular: serving staff. But in the end, it might well be the most fun job that we have available. Because with the (crazy) fun guests we get in our restaurant no day is the same. We like to think that you are an entrepreneur in the restaurant seeing as you run the business when you are there. It’s easy for you to switch between departments. Your people skills are so good that you can handle the local hippies and international hipsters. It doesn’t matter if people are coming for drinks, a meeting, the daily special or a culinary experience, you love to serve them all and know exactly how to make them feel at home. Luckily you can feel at home yourself as well because at BUNK we don’t wear uniforms. You know the menu and if necessary, can even suggest a dish for our guests. In the meantime, you are hard worker and can always leave a good impression without being pushy. You are an extrovert without an ego. When you work the work environment is always good because of you and like to walk the extra mile, even when your colleagues drop something, be it a serving tray or the ball.
- A job with nice colleagues and a close team
- Good salary
- Good tips, often above €2 per worked hour
- Working in beautiful surroundings
- Room to grow and develop
- Discount on a Onefit sports membership
- Participation in pension fund
- Discount on food, drinks and sleep at BUNK
- Free access to all the cultural events hosted by BUNK
- Monthly MaMiBo (monthly Monday afternoon drinks)
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the hospitality sector.
- General knowledge in F&B – wine and spice.
- You know how to act in case of calamity.
- Even with the more demanding guests you keep your calm and kindness.
- You are flexible, you work when the sun shines and when she doesn’t shine.
- You are a hard worker, even when the sun goes down you will be working. Long shifts are a part of the game.
- You are socially skilled and enjoy giving people a good time.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.