Front Office Supervisor (FT) | BUNK Amsterdam
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamHOTEL
We want to re-invent hospitality and amaze our guests with art, sincere kindness and honest and delicious food. And so far, that is not going unnoticed, by now BUNK is an award-winning hospitality concept. We are not your typical hotel with a restaurant. We are a community center 2.0. Our restaurant will be a meeting place for the people from Amsterdam, with a ho(s)tel for world travelers. Truly everyone is welcome to all the cultural events that will be hosted in our sustainable restaurant and the other communal spaces within the hotel.
We are opening a ho(s)tel in a historical building located in Amsterdam Noord. Our rooms are not that big but have been designed in a clever way and are very functional. The rooms vary in size, budget and privacy. Suitable for 1 person or up to 5 people. For a romantic trip, traveling with friends or a low budget solo trip.
What will you be doing? Together with a team of colleagues you will be responsible for keeping the hotel rooms, the BUNK pods and all the communal spaces clean. As a supervisor you will oversee that all the cleaning tasks within the hotel are done and being the team player that you are you will also be helping in the operation. You make sure that the team know exactly what to do and you also control the stock of the cleaning items required to do the job. Above all you make sure that your team gets the right motivation and proper training for them to be able to do their job with a smile. You know how every team member is functioning and interact a lot with the rooms manager, so he stays up to date. Of course, you will be doing your own cleaning tasks independently, and checking the cleaning duties of your colleagues to make sure it is all up to the BUNK standards and that everyone contributes to amazing our guests the way we want. Next to all this, you will also be making sure that all the rules and procedures are being followed to ensure the safety of our guests, you make the schedules for your colleagues and process the administration for all the worked hours. Everyone comes to you when they have questions regarding your department.
Your working days and hours vary every week. We also work during the weekends, from early in the morning till late at night.
- A job with nice colleagues in a close team.
- Good salary above the collective labor agreement.
- Flexible hours.
- Daily meals and an infinite amount of coffee and tea.
- Room to grow and develop yourself.
- A pension.
- Discount on food and drinks at BUNK.
- Monthly mamibo (monthly drinks on Monday afternoon).
- When it comes to hospitality you are an expert, and it runs through your veins.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the front office of a hotel as a supervisor.
- You have a completed degree in hospitality.
- You are fluent in both English and Dutch.
- Team player: you connect with everyone, and everyone connects with you.
- Co working together with your team you create the most brilliant ideas, and you make them work.
- Stress proof: when there is a crisis you know exactly how to act.
- Trade knowledge: you know how to work with a PMS. We work with StayNTouch but experience in any PMS (like Opera or MEWS) is a pro.
- Flexibility, you work fulltime (sometimes more) and often in the weekends.
- Affection for art and culture. We treasure our relations with the local artists and their courage to express themselves. We expect the same respect from you.
- You live in Amsterdam.
- A lot of love for all cultures.