Front Office Medewerker (Host)
Netherlands, Utrecht, UtrechtHOTEL
We want reinvent hospitality and amaze our guests with art, sincere kindness and honest and delicious food. So far that has not gone unnoticed, over the past 2 years we have become an award-winning hotel and restaurant concept. We just won the prestigious HOSCARS for the “Most extraordinary Innovation Hostel’. The Travel & Hospitality awards declared us to be the most unique hotel of 2021 and in 2019 we were awarded ‘The best hotel concept’ by the entrée magazine. What makes us unique at BUNK is that we make comfort and design affordable for everyone, even if you don’t have a well filled wallet. But above all, we are not your standard hotel. We are a meeting spot for everyone, we like to think of ourselves as a community center 2.0.
Making every guest that walks through our doors extremely happy, that’s what hospitality is all about in the end. When you are making our guests happy and keeping control of the lobby you are also flashing your perfect smile in the process. Together with the other hosts you multitask your way through every possible situation and realize that not a single is similar at BUNK.
ADR, OCC and RevPar? You know exactly what we mean and how to use these optimally for the thorough maximalization of our business results. You share the responsibility for the front of house department, discuss the daily business with the housekeeping crew and make sure that every room in the hotel is nice and clean for our guests.
You love to share all the ins and outs of the city. You know where all the underground parties are being held and where the trendiest fashion pop-up stores are now. You know everyone by name, like to juggle heavy luggage and solve all our travelers’ problems with the right amount of determination. Of course, the first and foremost is your responsibility in making sure that everyone in the building feels safe. You know all the safety procedures, know exactly what to do in emergency situations and successfully completed your emergency response officer course.
- A job with nice colleagues in a close team.
- Working in a beautiful building.
- Room to grow and develop.
- Salary according to the hospitality collective labor agreement.
- Discount on a Onefit sports membership.
- Participation in a pension fund.
- Discount on food, drinks and sleep at BUNK.
- Free access to all the cultural events hosted by BUNK.
- Monthly MaMiBo (Monday afternoon drinks).
- You have at least 2 years of experience in the front office of a hotel or reception.
- You understand the concept of a hostel and hotel under one roof.
- You take initiative. As a host at BUNK you are the center of attention and you know every corner or the building.
- You are fluent in English and preferably Dutch.
- Preferably you speak a third language. Français, par example.
- You are flexible in you time, because your shifts vary.
- Even with the more demanding you keep your calm and kindness.
- You are efficient and strong in communication.
- You have a relaxed personality but you’re also an extrovert.
- You know where the party is at. You know where the nightlife, cultural activities, pop up art galleries, speakeasies and underground parties are located.