Front Office Medewerker (FT/PT) | Bunk Amsterdam
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamHOTEL
We want to re-invent hospitality and amaze our guests with art, sincere kindness and honest and delicious food. And so far, that is not going unnoticed, by now BUNK is an award-winning hospitality concept. We are not your typical hotel with a restaurant. We are a community center 2.0. Our restaurant will be a meeting place for the people from Amsterdam, with a ho(s)tel for world travelers. Truly everyone is welcome to all the cultural events that will be hosted in our sustainable restaurant and the other communal spaces within the hotel. For the opening of the hotel in February we are looking for a team of personalities that understands the fine art of hospitality but can remain themselves while doing so.
We are opening a ho(s)tel in a historical building located in Amsterdam Noord. Our rooms are not that big but have been designed in a clever way and are very functional. The rooms vary in size, budget and privacy. Suitable for 1 person or up to 5 people. For a romantic trip, traveling with friends or a low budget solo trip.
Making every guest that walks through our doors extremely happy, that’s what hospitality is all about in the end. When you are making our guests happy and keeping control of the lobby you are also flashing your perfect smile in the process. Together with the other hosts you multitask your way through every possible situation and realize that not a single is similar at BUNK.
ADR, OCC and RevPar? You know exactly what we mean and how to use these optimally for the thorough maximalization of our business results. You share the responsibility for the front of house department, discuss the daily business with the housekeeping crew and make sure that every room in the hotel is nice and clean for our guests.
You love to share all the ins and outs of the city. You know where all the underground parties are being held and where the trendiest fashion pop-up stores are now. You know everyone by name, like to juggle heavy luggage and solve all our travelers’ problems with the right amount of determination. Of course, the first and foremost is your responsibility in making sure that everyone in the building feels safe. You know all the safety procedures, know exactly what to do in emergency situations and successfully completed your emergency response officer course.
- A job with nice colleagues in a close team
- Good salary above the collective labor agreement
- Flexible working hours
- Daily meals and an infinite amount of coffee and tea
- Room to grow and develop yourself
- Discount on a Onefit sports membership.
- Discount on drinks and food at BUNK
- Free access to the cultural events that BUNK hosts
- Monthly mamibo (monthly afternoon drinks on Monday)
- · You have at least 2 years’ experience in the front office of a hotel or reception
- · You understand the concept of a hotel and hostel in the same building
- · You take initiative, as a host at BUNK you are the center of attention, and you know every corner of and fun fact about the building
- · You are fluent in English, Dutch is a pro
- · Preferably you speak another (third) language. Français par example?
- · You are flexible in your time, because your schedule is also flexible.
- · Even with the more demanding guests you keep your calm and kindness
- · You are a strong communicator and effective
- · You could be described as a relaxed but also an extrovert
- · You know where the party is at. You know where the nightlife, cultural activities, pop up art galleries, speakeasies and underground parties are located
- · A lot of love for all cultures